The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatments are rising and gaining popularity due to its holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s defense mechanisms.
Building a strong defense mechanisms is crucial for that body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease as a result of uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from your parts of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity increases your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Background of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi meaning “herb of the spirit”. It was an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors of the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For over 2000 years Reishi Spore Powder continues to be by far the most cherished and desired medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance for the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance of the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research shows that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as being a health supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms including Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in lots of recent scientific studies to become potent medicine to improve and secure the body’s immune function from certain compounds inside them such as polysaccharides which boost the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to remove foreign cells(like cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published inside the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 indicated that He Shou Wu Extract clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own defense mechanisms by promoting the action of antibodies
* improves the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports an ordinary, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Tips to choose the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it has the very best quality extract and contains most scientific evaluations
* choose those that have cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and better absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* look for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the steadiness of Agaricus Blazei Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the potency of reishi lies in the polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, such as extracts, health supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.